Blue River Building Department FAQ's
- Does my project require a building permit?
- Permits Required for: Staining, sheds, new construction, additions, remodeling, garages, electrical, plumbing, tree removal, some landscaping, fences, excavation, roofing, and siding. When in doubt, call Town Hall to verify before starting work.
- How can I request an inspection?
Inspections are conducted Monday-Friday and must be scheduled by 4 p.m. the day before. Monday inspections must be scheduled by 4 p.m. Thursday. Any inspection requests received on Friday will be scheduled for the following Tuesday
Please use the following link to schedule your Building Department inspection.
If you are unable to schedule online please call 877-840-6041 to schedule your inspection
- Do I need a business license to do work in Blue River?
- Yes. Anyone doing business in the Town of Blue River is required to have a business license. Please check out our Licensing/Taxes page.
- What Building Code(s) does Blue River abide by?
- International Residential 2018 Code and 2017 Electrical Code. Check additional information under our Town Code page, chapter 18.
- How do I obtain a permit?
- You may email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Town Hall at 0110 Whispering Pines Circle, Blue River. Applications are available on this website.
- More questions about building in Blue River? Email:email@example.com.