Homeowners who wish to short term rent (less than 30 days) their home or condo are required to obtain a Lodging (Short-term rental) License with the Town of Blue River. The Lodging License is $200 the first year and $150 annually due on January 1st.
In addition to the the Lodging License, a tax of 12.275% is required to be collected. A breakdown is available below. Please note if you use Airbnb, VRBO or Homeaway. These companies WILL NOT collect the 3.4% Lodging Tax that MUST be remitted to the Town of Blue River. In addition, when you are setting up your account with them or if you have an existing account, please check that your listing states BLUE RIVER and not Breckenridge. If Airbnb or VRBO/Homeaway state that they are collecting the tax on your behalf, please ensure they are collecting 8.875% and that it is remitted to the State of Colorado. Ultimately, the homeowner is responsible for all taxes.
Lodging Taxes: 12.275%
- To be remitted to the State of Colorado: 8.875%
- Blue River Sales Tax: 2.5%; 2.9% State sales tax, 2.0% Summit County sales tax, 0.75% County mass transit tax (Summit Stage), 0.725% Special District sales tax (Summit Housing Authority).
- To be remitted to the Town of Blue River: 3.4% Lodging Tax
The Lodging Tax Return must be filed regardless of whether any income was generated and remittance forms are due by the 20th of the month following the end of the reporting period. You mayuse the Lodging Tax Coupon .pdf below or file online. To file a Zero Tax File email firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Rental Rules
Short-term Rental Regulations
*Note these are Town Code Regulations and apply to all properties**
- Occupancy: Occupancy of any home is limited to 2 people per bedroom. Loft areas are allowed sleeping area for 2 people.
- Trash: Trash may not be placed outside prior to trash day and must be pulled back by 6:00 p.m.
- Parking: Parking is not allowed on Town Roads. There may be no more than 5 vehicles of any kind at your home. All vehicles must be parked in the driveway or a designated parking space.
- Noise: Quiet hours are 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Please be courteous to the surround neighborhood and residents.