Crime Prevention

How to Report a Crime

First of all, if the crime is in progress or an emergency, call 911. If it is a “cold” crime or one that occurred overnight or several weeks ago and happened within the Blue River town limits, you can call the Summit County Dispatch Center at 970 668-8600. You will be asked some questions to determine if the report can be taken over the phone or if an officer needs to respond to take the report.

Report crimes to the police agency where the crime occurred. Only crimes that occur within the town limits of Blue River should be reported to the Blue River Police Department. Incidents that occur outside the town limits in unincorporated Summit County should be reported to theSummit County Sheriff’s Office.