- Is a Short-term Rental License/Lodging License required to rent my home in Blue River?
- Yes. Anyone who wishes to rent their home 30 days or less per month, must obtain a Short-term/Lodging License from the Town of Blue River.
- Do I need a license with Summit County?
- NO! If your home is located within the town limits of the Town of Blue River, you do not need to obtain a license from the County.
- Do I pay taxes on short-term rental in Blue River?
- Yes. Homeowners who rent their homes, must collect a total of 12.275% taxes. 8.875% is remitted to the State of Colorado. The remaining 3.4% is remitted directly to the Town of Blue River. The licensee (homeowner) is responsible to ensure that these taxes are paid properly regardless of any third party contract for collections.
- Will Airbnb/VRBO collect ALL of my taxes for me?
- NO! Airbnb and VRBO will NOT collect and remit ALL of your taxes for your rental. They should collect and remit the 8.875% to the State of Colorado. It is important to verify they have your home listed as Blue River, CO and NOT Breckenridge. As the licensee/homeowner, you are responsible for the 3.4% to be paid directly to the Town of Blue River and to ensure your home is listed properly.
- How often do I need to pay my taxes?
- Taxes are required to be remitted on a quarterly basis.
- What are the occupancy limits when I rent my home?
- You are allowed two people per bedroom plus two. Example: A three bedroom home may have eight people in the home.
- What are the fees to apply for a license?
- The initial application fee is $200 and is renewed annually for $150.
- Does my license expire?
- Yes. All licenses expire December 31st each year. Licenses do not automatically renew and require a re-application and fee.
- Where can I find more information on the rules and regulations for short-term renting in Blue River?
- You may find more information under our Town Code tab, Chapter 6.
- Is there a cap on short-term rentals in Blue River?
- Currently the Board of Trustees has not set a "cap" or limit on the number of short-term rentals in the Town of Blue River. This is being evaluated by the Board of Trustees to determine the best balance for the community.